Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mommy Look of the Day: Brights and Neutrals

I love handbags. Small ones, big ones, totes, satchels, hobos. Leather, nylon, canvas, plastic... i love them all. "Why?" my husband asked me once. "Because it doesn't matter if I'm skinny or not". A handbag will always fit me, no matter what. I don't spend a lot on clothing, preferring to stick to basics and mostly neutrals. Same with shoes. But for handbags, ahhh... that's a different story. I splurge now and then, and have no problem paying for Quality. I usually go for more classic styles, preferring to spend a little more on something I will wear for years and years to come rather than a passing fad. But ever since Eidan was born, a lot of those bags have been put in their boxes. The last thing I need is to be carrying my son AND worrying I'm scratching my bag or that I will spill milk inside or on it. Lately, I've found myself drawn to bags with bright colors. I have way too many black, beige, and gray bags already.

I picked this one up from TJMaxx (I am becoming a Maxxinista since Eidan got here). Made of sumptuous Italian leather and made in Italy, this pink Roberta Gandolfi bow bag is going to be a staple in my spring/summer rotation. The ribbons on the sides, the bright pink color, the roominess of the bag (it also comes with a cross body strap but I didn't use that today), it just brings a smile to my face. Best of all, I didn't break the bank or feel guilty that I was spending part of my son's future college fund on 1 item, hehe.

Today I paired it with neutrals and a torquoise bead necklace. I know brights on brights are on trend right now, but I have yet to muster up the courage to try a whole outfit like that!





Roberta Gandolfi (TJ Maxx, official website here)
similar style (but I paid less for mine! here)

Longsleeves and Vest (Nordstroms Rack, similar vest here, or here)
Jeans (Destination Maternity)
Shoes (old, BCBG)
Necklace (old, gift from a friend)





No comments:

Post a Comment