Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bag, Borrow, or Steal

A friend gave me a $30 rental credit to Bag, Borrow, or Steal (visit them here) and I decided to browse their website this weekend. Having reached their most popular moment when mentioned in the first Sex and the City movie, I know I am a few years behind on this. Being a handbag lover, I was pretty excited because having blown $$$ on bags that i thought I would love but later on gave away or sold, the idea of renting one to be able to try something out was pretty neat.

Since I've been thinking of getting a new work tote that would fit my huge company issued HP laptop (hello, work, have you not heard of laptops smaller than 20"?!), I decided on the Tory Burch Robinson Tote. And since it's getting warmer here in Texas, and because I'm a sucker for white bags but do not have the courage to actually buy one, renting it is the next best thing.

The Tory Burch Robinson Tote is made of Saffiano leather, and it has a very simple, clean look. The inside is extremely well thought out, with lots of pockets for organization. It reminds me a lot of the Prada Saffiano tote (which reminds me of my Chanel Executive/ Cerf Tote). The Tory Burch tote is a bit more "easy" on the pocketbook compared to the other two.

I'll road test this baby out, and post my thoughts on it and more pictures in a few days!



UPDATE: After 2 days of using this, I decided to return it early. This bag is well crafter of beautiful Saffiano leather, however, it was HEAVY! I'm not petite or slim framed, and i love me some big bags, but this baby was just a bit too heavy to carry. It did function very well as a work bag though, with all the space and little pockets inside to organize my files and personal things.

No comments:

Post a Comment