Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Inspiration Wednesday: Hello, Charlie Brown


One of my co-workers is a BIG Charlie Brown fan. He has miniatures all over the place, and every so often, he changes them up. Today, while walking past his desk, feeling quite down (I'll explain why in a bit), I saw this and it put a smile on my face.

I am so very blessed to have my son after waiting for him for so long. But sleepless nights and I do not get along. At all. Eidan sleeps through the night most of the time, but since he has learned how to roll over and work around, he does it in his sleep and wakes himself up several times a night. I've been feeling like such a zombie at work and yesterday, I made a big mistake with something extremely important. Luckily, my boss caught it before it went viral. But that really bummed me out. I'm such a Type A, Virgo perfectionist, I do not like making mistakes, especially not at work AND when millions of $$ are at stake!

Let's get back to my inspiration for this week. I know it's not much of a "down", me feeling this way. It was just a nice reminder that things always have a way of working out. I emailed this picture I took to a friend who just broke things off with her boyfriend of several years. And it also made me think of another friend who got laid off, divorced, and is now having to sell her home (all in a span of a year). There are so many things that happen to bring us down. But we need to look at the bright side of things. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. We might not always understand it at the time it's happening, but one day, we will. And things will always go back up. We just need to muck through the lows, and when we get to the highs, really live it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment