Friday, August 19, 2011

Mommy Project #1 and #2: Throw Pillows and Picture Frames

My husband and I moved into our new house about 2 months ago. In the middle of my pregnancy, I have not really had much time and energy to spruce up our house (or completely unpack and put away boxes for that matter!).

The nursery is still in the works, and I am hoping to at least have furniture in the guest room before I deliver! Pretty much the first things I fixed up were the kitchen and the living area, since that is where we spend most of our time. I told my husband, as long as I get the nursery and guest room done, then I will tackle the rest of the house when I am on my maternity leave.

Yesterday, I had a bit of time on my hands and I decided to make a few throw pillow covers--I've been meaning to do this for the past, hmmm.... year or so!


My MINI Shark sewing machine that  I got on Black Friday 2 years for $9.99 at Target
Aside from my throw pillow covers, I had also been meaning to put up our wedding pictures above the fireplace. I got plain black picture frames from the Dollar Tree.

It took me 1 hour to complete 4 throw pillow covers. My sewing is RUSTY, and I followed no pattern really. I just put the pillow on the fabric and cut it up. I hemmed the edges and ironed on a leaf decal on 3 pillow cases, and fabric glued ribbons on the mini sham.



The vertical picture frame has our baby's ultrasound pics from when he was just a tiny dot, to when he was 15 weeks



I have an appointment this afternoon for a 3D ultrasound and I'm pretty excited about that! I need to get new picture frames for those new treasures I will be coming home with later.

So, what do you think about my little mommy project? Next up, I'm planning on sewing some curtains!

2 comments:

  1. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the additions you made, but you need better pics dude. Turn off that hipstomatic thingy or something..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get her a nice new camera! :)

    ReplyDelete