Friday, February 3, 2012

A year ago... in Chicago

This time last year, I was making plans with my girl friends for a weekend trip to Chicago. I was going to be there for work, and decided to stay through the weekend.

My long-time friends, Cloe (from NYC) and Sam (from L.A.) joined me for a weekend of food, laughter, and a green river!

We spent the weekend walking around Chicago, hitting Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile, going to the top of the John Hancock building, taking pictures with the Bean. It was a great weekend filled with laughter and memories, spent with friends that I've known since I was 6 years old.

I am always very grateful that I have friends from my childhood that I am still friends with now. Those special people are like sisters and brothers to me. Years may go by without us seeing each other or even talking to one another, but when we do get to spend time together, it is as if the years melt away.

The older I get, the more I realize that true friends are indeed a treasure!







No comments:

Post a Comment