Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Inspiration Wednesday: Josh Dueck

When I told a friend I wanted to do "Inspiration Wednesday" posts on my blog, she got really excited and started asking what outfit or item/s I would be spotlighting as the first post.

I told her, I did not want to write about fashion or style, but rather, people, events, photos, and quotes that inspire me. I want to make my Inspiration Wednesday about the inspiration that we see around us everyday.

I was all set to write about a specific event, but this morning, while feeding the little guy and watching Good Morning America before I left for work, I saw something that truly tugged at my heart.

Josh Dueck, a renowned skier, suffered a horrible accident in 2004 which left him paralyzed from the waist down. Now, after almost 8 years, of constant training and pushing his body and will to the limit, he did a momentous back flip at Whistler-Blackcomb. He has been quoted saying, "How you see the world shapes what you can do". I am in complete agreement of this. We cannot let accidents,failures, negativity, and other people put us down. We need to continue to believe in ourselves and never let anything stop us from achieving our dreams.

Here is a link for you to see how this amazing man lived his dreams in spite of the obstacles.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/paraplegic-skier-josh-dueck-lands-back-flip-caught-tape-15537314


Sources: Wikepedia and Good Morning America

No comments:

Post a Comment