Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Feeding Time

 
Is everyone else's toddler as picky as mine?
 
At 17 months, Eidan just started eating "solids" better. He has had 4 teeth since 11 months old and is now just getting more, so maybe it's more comfortable for him to chew on stuff. I'm jumping up and down with happiness but it seems he only likes a few types of food -- and they're all carbs! Mac 'n Cheese, Spaghetti, French Fries, Pizza... these are his staples. Mealtimes are sometimes a struggle because I try to get him to eat other things, such as fruits and veggies, but he just flat out refuses. Right now, I've resorted to fruit and veggie smoothies so he is at least getting some healthy stuff in him, but every time I see a toddler eating their fruits and veggies, it gets me frustrated that mine isn't.
 
Sigh... but I do count my blessings, so I am happy he seems more comfy with table food now... and quite adept at eating with a fork! Check out his YouTube video.
 
As a mom, I know good nutrition is important, but this little man puts up quite a battle!


Mmm-mmm, spaghetti!


Finger lickin' good!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great time and fun. My kids are not big veggie eaters but spaghetti sauce is a great place to hide them. My kids now like to add squash to it and I do not have to cut it up so they can not see it.

    ReplyDelete