Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving!

Last year, my memories of Thanksgiving were a bit fuzzy. Having just given birth a week before that, I was still on pain killers, sleep and food deprived, and I was basically a walking zombie.

I do remember that my sister- in -law bought us a fried turkey, that my husband set everything up, and that my dad was there and we had a small, quiet family celebration. The baby slept for the 2 hours we were "celebrating", and then afterwards, he woke up hungry and that was the end of my 2011 Thanksgiving.

But the one thing that was very clear in my mind as I nursed him that day, was how grateful I was and how amazing it was that I was holding my little baby boy in my arms.

This year, it was once again a simple celebration at the in-laws house. And once again, i looked at my son, this year, sitting at the table with us, with his own plate of food (that he proceeded to throw everywhere instead of eat). I am so thankful for so many things- my family that has always, ALWAYS, loved me and supported me, my friends, having a job i love, a home, little luxuries in life that we can afford because we work hard.

And most of all, I am most thankful for my own little family-- my husband that works so hard to build a strong future for us, the person that stands beside me day in and day out, even though we get on each others nerves day in and day out! , and our son, this little miracle that has brought so much happiness to our lives.



Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you are al celebrating with your loved ones!


Day after Thanksgiving (family time at the park)


No comments:

Post a Comment