Saturday, July 30, 2011

Mommy Musings: First to Second Trimester

I would have to say my pregnancy has been relatively smooth sailing. The first trimester passed without incident- no morning sickness, no crazy mood swings or food cravings. In fact, I don't think I had much of an appetite, which for those who know me is very unusual! Size wise, there was hardly a bump and  I was still able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes and wear my much loved heels.

Second trimester (which at 26 weeks I am currently on) brought forth more changes. I had to buy my first pair of maternity pants. My shoes have started getting tighter and I now have to favor flats or low heeled shoes. I get tired oh so easily, and I've been noticing I am more irritable (my poor hubby has to put up with this). From the 5th to 6th month, it feels like I just ballooned! My tummy feel so stretched out but so far, so marks yet, so that's good. On the up side, my appetite is back and I am eating everything in sight, yum!

I have to say, there are some things I use right now that I cannot live without, like my lumbar pillow when I'm driving, water and a hand held fan (it has been such a HOT summer), some sort of snack in my purse because I get hungry every 2 hours or so, and most of all, my Todays Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow, bought on Amazon, and worth every penny! You cannot put a price on good sleep!

Mommys and Moms-to be, what were / are your "must haves" for pregnancy?


** Stock Photo from amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment